BGS Modders

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Actor animation tutorial

Monkeyuncle8
    Monkeyuncle8

Skill points : 729

Actor animation tutorial Empty Actor animation tutorial

Post by Monkeyuncle8 Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:07 am

This is a tutorial of how to animate actors

to start off you need to import the skeleton from character/male (or whatever you are animating and when you import it there should be a button that says import skeleton only + Parent selected, hit this (and be sure the next time you import something this is off otherwise just the skeleton will appear)

you should be looking at a stick figure if you did this right

Now here comes the fun part, basicly what you do is decide where the bones should be at certain times in the animation

to start figure out where you animation starting position is, when you align the bones in the way your animation want to start press i then hit loc rot

next we figure out how to arrange the rest of the animation, but before you do this hit either the up or right buttont to change the frame, I am not sure how long a frame is, when it is at the appropriate time for the next part of your animation arrange the bones again in the position for the next part of your animation and hit i again and loc+rot (repeat this untill your animation is finished)

you do not have to do every frame blender will calulate them

now your animation should be finished to "play" your animation to see the end result go all the way back to frame one and just hold down the right button

if you are satisfied with your animation the go and hit export and be sure when you export it that it is set on export animation ONLY

now depending what kind of animation you want determines what folder to put it in
    1. idle animation (painting, eating, waving) this goes in the idleanims folder in the folder in which your skeleton is in
    2. special animation (takes the place of normal animations for actors ie: sheogoraths walking with the cane) put it in the specialanims folder in the folder where your skeleton is
    3. normal animation (walking running attacking) goes into the folder where the skeleton is

if you need clarification please ask

and animate as much as you can, because I suck at it
    OblivionModda
    OblivionModda
    Admin

Skill points : 964

Actor animation tutorial Empty Re: Actor animation tutorial

Post by OblivionModda Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 am

Oh thanks a lot Monkey Very Happy Great tutorial, you've really made it easy for me (though I'm yet to try it I think I will succeed) Very Happy Thanks again.
    Monkeyuncle8
    Monkeyuncle8

Skill points : 729

Post by Monkeyuncle8 Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:22 am

your welcome and if anyone can do it can someone make an animation of a buy throwing an axe, I have a really cool idea that I think just might work

oh and since I figured out the spear thing and how to do animations the types of weapons that actors can wield is unlimited i mean we can do throwing axes throwing knives crossbows javelins, the list is endless
    OblivionModda
    OblivionModda
    Admin

Skill points : 964

Post by OblivionModda Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:30 am

Wow thats amazing Very Happy I'm waiting on some hard drives and can't do crap all till then but perhaps Very Happy
    kun21
    kun21

Skill points : 96

Post by kun21 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Thaks a lot,if you habe problem,you can contact me

Buy office 2007
    Buy MS office 2007
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content