BGS Modders

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

GDH Spells

GDH Spells Empty GDH Spells

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 am

Everyone, I am here to request a service. I've been having trouble getting my mod up and running because I cannot come up with any new spells; I seem to be drawing a blank. That is why I'm asking you for any ideas you may have. The only rules I have:

• Please keep with the theme of the mod, in other words, death and life (holy).

• Don't say something that is completely unreasonable. I've actually had someone ask for a spell where a rainbowish ball shot out black tentacles at people, pulled them into the ball, and then they were teleported to a black room full of spikes where they die...yeah...

• Don't make it something stupid. With my last mod, one based on mental spells, someone actually requested making the adoring fan into a goblin...what does that have to do with anything? That's not even useful! Mad

• Be creative! Very Happy

Thanks in advance for your help! king
    OblivionModda
    OblivionModda
    Admin

Skill points : 964

GDH Spells Empty Re: GDH Spells

Post by OblivionModda Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Well this is off the top of my head and is very simple but I think it might be quite essential...Well I was thinking for the Holy's that they/you could have a spell that is something like a rally spell that would make the Holy's more powerful for a little while and have certain effects like an increased light radius etc. I'm still thinking though Very Happy Oh and sorry for the late reply...I was out all day and I didn't see this post Smile

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Never thought of that. I'll certainly think about it.
    Sitruk

Skill points : 168

Post by Sitruk Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:53 am

You could add a spell effect to the grim reapers staff that will instantly kill someone and add a black soul gem to your inventory, but keep it balanced so it only has one charge. (I made a spell like this once)
    Opposing you could have a holy staff of the order that could resurrect people and keep it balanced like above. (Note resurrect not animate like king of worms staff) (also I made a spell like this before to but everytime I resurrected an NPC the game crashed?)

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:21 am

Well I was actually planning giving him a scythe using the Scythe mod (I'll be giving credit to the author of it of course). But I could apply that spell to the necromancer staff (as I already made a spell that sorta does that). But instead of just one charge I might give it 2 or maybe 3. Same for the Holy's (as OblivionModda put them). And as for the crashes I find that kind of odd. Maybe you didn't put a flag to tell the game what animation to use. If you put a number - I believe it's 1 - after the resurrect command then the game knows to give the resurrection the "get up" animation. Not putting this can result in crashes if I'm not mistaken.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content